Call for papers / Conference themes
According to the ATLAS Independent Travel Research Group programme, potential themes to be addressed include:
- Independent Travel and Critical Hospitality Theory
- Independent Travel and Transnational Spaces of Meeting
- Borders and the regulation of Travel and Hospitality
- Ethics in the relations of Hospitality and Travel
- Work Relationships in Independent Travel and Hospitality
- Issues of gender, race, ethnicity and class in Independent Travel and Hospitality
- Engagement with new and old technologies in Independent Travel and Hospitality
- Policy and planning dilemmas for managing Independent Travel and Hospitality
- Alternative methodologies in Independent Travel and Hospitality Research
The official language of the meeting is English. All abstracts will be subject to double-blind review by at least two members of the Scientific Committee. Acceptance of a submission will be based on theoretical and empirical significance, methodological soundness, technical competency, and logical clarity.
Abstracts should be submitted to ATLAS and should include author's name, institution, contact address/e-mail and title. Abstracts (approximately 500 words) should indicate background, theoretical/ practical implications, methods and/or data sources, and indicative findings of the paper. Please send you abstract to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Previous ATLAS Research Group meetings have led to significant publications. We envisage that this will be the case also with this meeting.